Director of Communications
Emmanuel Barrie Campus, Part-time
Emmanuel is a vibrant multi-campus, multi-generational congregation that is approaching 95 years of ministry.
We are a regional church in the booming city of Barrie, one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities.
We are seeking a passionate and creative team member to give vision to the communications strategy of Emmanuel and work closely with all ministry leads.
This position is part-time (24 hours weekly).
Job Responsibilities: Internal/External Communications and Marketing
- Keeping our digital, website and social media platforms active and thriving and consistent with the mission and vision of Emmanuel.
- Develop a brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms through design, creation, and planning with staff and contractors.
- Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions.
Qualifications / Skills: Knowledgeable, Passionate and Creative
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies
- Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, layout, and publishing
- Passionate about social media platforms and marketing
- Experience with search engine marketing, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
- Impeccable copywriting and copy-editing abilities
- Strong leadership track record
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with design platforms (Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, etc)
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ year’s experience in graphic design, marketing and creative management experience
- Experience leading the creative process from conception to completion.
- An understanding of Emmanuel and its mission and values.
- Design degree/certificate or equivalent years of related experience preferred.
A more detailed job description is available upon request. Please prayerfully consider whether you are the right person for this job. You can research our church and culture by visiting emmanuelbarrie.org. If after you’ve done this, and you believe God leading you to apply, please email email@example.com and submit a cover letter, resume and your personal testimony.